I don't no about you guys when I started driving the trucks that I drove would make Mr. DOT drop his mirrored sun glasses know a days. A 1957 international 210 gas job 10 wheeler with a broken power steering pump which made it even harder to steer.The horn button was gone and it would shoot hot air up the steering collum right in your face. A 1962 Auto car you pulled to start and held the drivers door closed with a bungee cord. I got pulled on dot portable scales one day and they told me to shut it off, I said I can't and He said NOW---OK.The truck didn't start and he was smoking mad,I said I told you. I had to go get the lowbed and bring it to the job site. Oh I got a lot more later. Tim ...Too stack Mack :thumb:

What I'm waiting for is th look on the instructors face when I pullup to take my road test in my A. No seat belts, straight pipes and wood floors, ought to be interesting to say the least. The way I see it they're trying to keep us to safe, if I want to drive a truck that has a few problems but is no danger to other people on the road I should be able to.

What I'm waiting for is th look on the instructors face when I pullup to take my road test in my A.  No seat belts, straight pipes and wood floors, ought to be interesting to say the least.  The way I see it they're trying to keep us to safe, if I want to drive a truck that has a few problems but is no danger to other people on the road I should be able to.

I would love to see that instructors look when you show up in the A model. LOL.

I feel the same way about truck safety, If its, safe to operate, road worthy and can stop like it was designed, I see no issues with simple fixes. Sadly I have seen (and driven)a few trucks with problems that should have been addressed yesterday. I dont like suprises on the road that could danger me or others.

I would love to see that instructors look when you show up in the A model. LOL.

I feel the same way about truck safety, If its, safe to operate, road worthy and can stop like it was designed, I see no issues with simple fixes. Sadly I have seen (and driven)a few trucks with problems that should have been addressed yesterday. I dont like suprises on the road that could danger me or others.

Yes companys couldn't get away with putting trucks on the road like they may have 20 years ago. Tim

Yeah it ought to be interesting, but I'm hopeing that if its all done up real nice and running good mabey they'll let me take the test. I'll have to get used to shifting the duplex, up-shifting is no problem, comeing back down is. I learned to drive standard on old farm tractors so dwn shifting a non syncro is still a new concept for me :( I'll get it eventully ;)

I am making some progress I have the drivers side fender off and about 75% done, a little more bondo and some primer then I'll set that one aside and do the right side. I have decided that I am going to take the cab off in the spring, that way I can rebuild the bottom and it should be easier to put seals and gaskets in the engine and tranny. :D I'm looking forward to the day when shes all done and headed for the truck shows, a year or two mabey :SMOKIE-LFT:

Yeah it ought to be interesting, but I'm hopeing that if its all done up real nice and running good mabey they'll let me take the test.  I'll have to get used to shifting the duplex, up-shifting is no problem, comeing back down is.  I learned to drive standard on old farm tractors so dwn shifting a non syncro is still a new concept for me :(  I'll get it eventully ;)

I am making some progress I have the drivers side fender off and about 75% done, a little more bondo and some primer then I'll set that one aside and do the right side.  I have decided that I am going to take the cab off in the spring, that way I can rebuild the bottom and it should be easier to put seals and gaskets in the engine and tranny.  :D  I'm looking forward to the day when shes all done and headed for the truck shows, a year or two mabey :SMOKIE-LFT:

Fixing up these old trucks should keep the women folk happy because at least they know where we are. Just don't let them talk you into selling one,I made that mistake and it's been a few years and I still kick myself :pat: Oh well won't happen agian Tim

Well at the moment I am single so I dont have to worry about anyone telling me to sell any of my toys.  The way I see it the right womon for me will have just as many toys :D  taht way there should be less complaining about how much time I spend in the shop.

Hey Fireman ,if you find one that shares your interests she better have enough sisters for the rest of us! :blink: