Mack ch 470 no speedo, underpowered

Totenhofer

Hey guys,

just purchased a 1999 Mack ch fleetliner with a 470 and Mack 18 speed

cant seem to find any information on this topic, the speedo has just randomly decided to stop working and now it feels underpowered only light on the dash is electronic fault.

And what boost do the early 470s make it’s just always felt underpowered from the start. 

Gday mate, welcome aboard. If the speedo sensor fails or gets dirty the the truck will derate. Should see 32ish psi. With engine idling, cruise off, hold speed set button down until light starts flashing and count how many times the yellow light flashes. Should give you 2 groups of flashes/numbers. Let us know. 

Hey mate

thank you so much for the advice, ok so replaced speed sensor, completely different truck to drive, base of the sensor was all broken away looks to have been screwed in to far.

is now running at around 29/32 psi boost so was definitely derated.

So I tried what you said with the cruise control, the electronic fault light flashes 4 times then goes out for a second then flashes once then goes solid again.  So the sequence is 4.1If that makes sense, and it does that every time I hold down the set/deceleration button.

Thank you again

Sam.

7-2 is "parking brake switch"

Does park lite come on, on dash when applied?

also, do the brake lites work with low air.

on mine, the brake lites stayed on until about 80 psi

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian