bucket-list projects...

RowdyRebel

So I was messaging back and forth with a friend who found a 1-ton Ford crew cab 4x4 diesel with a long bed for a reasonable price...only problem is that it's an auto.  Sure, I could swap it out for a manual, but then the dash and steering column won't ever really look right.  That got me thinking about the old 3-on-the-tree manual transmissions, and how much work it would be to modify a few things to set up a 5 or 6 speed transmission to shift on the column.  Would probably have to use a cable-type linkage like is found on a front wheel drive car, and probably need some modifications up in the steering column to ensure the range of motion necessary to facilitate hitting every gear.  Would definitely add another level of WTF running through a potential carjacking thug's mind when he's trying to get it into gear to drive off...but more likely to happen is a good laugh when some "state certified inspector" wants to take it around the block as part of a test drive during a safety inspection when he can't figure it out.

Anyway, don't have the time, money, or space to take on anything like that right now...but the more I think about it, the more I want to do it.  I guess I'll put it on my bucket list.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!