Cab Marker Lights

Guys

Okay, this'll probalby sound really obvious but I've noticed lilttle stud like things on the roof of my cab. As there are 5 and going by their spacing, the only things that I can think of is that they are factory holes for the roof lights (other Bs I've seen all have original style lights). I don't have original lights mounted and they may be mounted further back than the original ones. Anyone?

Btw, if these are where the original lights go, how hard is it to rewire them in? I've had to redo a couple of the existing lights already so that they work and they proved "interesting" to do!

Got her running again this weekend just gone. She started up first go, oil and air pressures shot up, I love my Mack! :SMOKIE-LFT:

Cheers

Andy :mack1:

Whatever rubs your buddah.

The Mack E Model Registry - 103 entries
The Mack A Model Registry - 14 entries

Not a stupid question Andy LOL

I think the studs or rivet like things you see are for the factory marker light placement. do these studs have a hole in the middle with threads inside them(or broken off screws!)?

My B model had these as well but from them getting old and rusty I found that the screws would break off in them. I ended up removing them and using a nut with a washer. you need two people when removing or installing but its not a big hastle

I can barley get my hands behind the metal above the windows for the middle 3 markers. but it can be done with the help of a few baindaids. ;)

Trent

Thanks Trent

LOL, I've had my hands up inside the "eyebrows" of the cab as well, amazing what you can do once the pain subsides!

I will have a closer look at the "studs" on the roof, I have not noticed any threads inside of them as they are more or less filled with paint!

Cheers

Andy :mack1:

Whatever rubs your buddah.

The Mack E Model Registry - 103 entries
The Mack A Model Registry - 14 entries