Extra Bulldogs

GoldDog44

Has anyone been successful in power tuning a MP8 505? In my line of work the 505 is adequate but an extra 50-100 bulldogs would definitely boost my MPG. I’m running anywhere from 4.6-5.2 average in Canadian winters to 5.7-6.2 in summer. If I could gain an extra 0.5 MPG my bottom line would significantly increase. I’ve had the truck for a year and it’s over a million kms, I don’t intend to blow anything up. Just wondering if anyone knows a safe power upgrade. 

Nice lookin' Super B Train ya got there, and excellent MPG for running at Canadian weight limits!  We've been having a discussion in another thread on the wisdom of using 13 liter engines at 60+ ton weights, and you've given us a useful data point. Here's a link to that discussion:   https://www.bigmacktrucks.com/topic/52439-little-engines-that-can-big-power-from-small-displacements/?tab=comments#comment-391481

I have tried the Steinbauer and the DTE tuning boxes and both of them worked out of the gate but as soon as boost needs to kick in they cut out. DTE informed me that here in North America the MP8 has a 3 Stage injection process unlike the rest of the world. I got my money back on those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk