Head scratcher revisited.

Racecorr

Hey fellas, just to give you guys a little refresher, 07 E7 AC  I've had 5 radiator failures. I've had an in frame done with new liners, pistons, and 2 new heads, a new EGR cooler, new air compressor, updated expansion tank, and countless bits of advice. The one thing I found intriguing was someone suggested that a blocked oil cooler screen could be the culprit, I had my mechanic check it out and he told me that the screen was about 15%-20% blocked. My question, is that enough blockage to cause all of these radiator issues???

8 minutes ago, fjh said:

I doubt the screen is your rad issue you original post was coolant push was it not?

Well, not really a push, because it hardly ever pushed out of the cap. It's more like a surge or something that is causing the radiator to "bulge" and split open. 

I still say you have a shop towel wedged somewhere. I have seen it done here locally. A guy put 3 new radiators in himself, they kept splitting. The fourth one Mack dealer put in and found a shop rag stuffed in a coolant line. The guy stuffed a rag in there to keep debris out while he swapped radiators. 

Edited by Dirtymilkman
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...