E7 Etech Compression Test Procedure

ivanuke

Hello Guys, noobie question here. I want to perform a compression test on my 2001 E7 E-Tech 355/380. My truck is blowing white smoke and the coolant tank goes empty every few months. I think there is a problem where the engine is burning the coolant. 

I found an adapter online for the E7 Etech to perform the compression test, but I'm not sure where it plugs into to create a seal. 

Image result for e7 compression test

I followed the injector tubing from the EUP to the cylinder head and removed the valve cover to take a look, and I wasnt able to identify where I can plug into to perform the test, do I have to remove the rocker arm assembly to get to the nozzle?  Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Ok I identified where the nozzle comes out of, initially it was hard to see the plug because of oil but i hit myself in the head for not paying more attention!

My only question now is, the adapter comes with a flange and two nuts. Not sure where these tie into to keep the adapter from popping out? 

That looks like it will work on a old 2 valve where the injector is on the outside of the valve cover with the one that is on it in the picture.  remove that one.  The other ones is what you use, one is fine thread and I think that one is the one you use on the E tech engine, it should be the same thread as the threads on the injector hold down nut you take out of the head.  The other one that is coarse thread was the early E-7 or E6 injector hold down nut.

6 hours ago, br549 said:

That looks like it will work on a old 2 valve where the injector is on the outside of the valve cover with the one that is on it in the picture.  remove that one.  The other ones is what you use, one is fine thread and I think that one is the one you use on the E tech engine, it should be the same thread as the threads on the injector hold down nut you take out of the head.  The other one that is coarse thread was the early E-7 or E6 injector hold down nut.

Thank you for the clarification! I didn't realize the plugs had two threads on them! Kind of hard to tell from the photo. 

Edited by ivanuke