R model door locks

Look on the side of the door right by the latch out toward the outer edge. You should see a slot about an inch long. There's a spring clip located in that slot, that clip is what holds the lock tumbler in the door. It snaps in.
There's a ledge formed into the clip that keeps it in the door.
To remove it gently pry it out of the slot. Once you pry the ledge out of the slot it will pop out a little bit. Then grab the clip with a pair of pliers and pull out away from the door. Pull it out till it stops then you should be able to remove the tumbler.
You have to remove tumbler before you can remove the window access panel anyway.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

If I might make a suggestion, I'd go to a glass shop and have the door glass cut out of laminated safety plate.

They may have a pattern or access to a pattern via the internet?

The part number for the window channel is #440SX30A, it comes in one piece, you can use it to go around outside of door or in the lower metal channels in the door panel (cut to fit).

Comes with clips to hold it in.

You can find them on Ebay.

Ron

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I didn't know the lock had to come out first.  I've driven tons of R models.  Can't remember ever seeing the door apart.  The window split right down the center and half fell into the door.  It jammed in,  so I had to get it apart with the window up.  We did with out breaking any of the glass pieces.  It broke the inside of the lock.  No biggie, it had to be changed anyway.  I don't have a key that opens it.  I'm going to put the new glass in tomorrow.  Figure I'll change the lock while the door is already apart. 

• Like 1