NTI restores International truck to raise funds for charity

kscarbel2

Australasian Transport News (ATN)  /  May 17, 2017

All proceeds from the Green Diamond raffle will be donated to the MND & Me Foundation

National Transport Insurance (NTI) is restoring a 1946 International Model K5 to raise money and support for motor neurone disease (MND).

The resotration process, which NTI says will be built for the community, by the community, is being documented in a series of online videos.

In order to tackle the project, NTI says it will call on suppliers, partners and industry affiliates to offer their knowledge, time and resources.

Green Diamond, as the Inter has been appropriately dubbed, will be raffled upon completion and all of the proceeds will be donated to the MND & Me Foundation.

"We went to our people, told them the story and they agreed MND would become our primary charity," NTI CEO Tony Clark says on the restoration project website.

"With our DNA and background in transport we felt the restoration of a truck would let people follow the journey, enjoy it, but then raffle the truck for a great cause – Motor Neuron Disease."

NTI charity resto: Old Inter K5 a go-er

Owner/Driver  /  May 17, 2017

National Transport Insurance (NTI) is restoring a 1946 International Model K5 to raise money and support for Motor Neurone Disease.

The restoration process, which NTI says will be built for the community, by the community, is being documented in a series of online videos.

In order to tackle the project, NTI says it will call on suppliers, partners and industry affiliates to offer their knowledge, time and resources.

Green Diamond, as the Inter has been appropriately dubbed, will be raffled upon completion and all of the proceeds will be donated to the MND & Me Foundation.

"We went to our people, told them the story and they agreed MND would become our primary charity," NTI CEO Tony Clark says on the restoration project website.

"With our DNA and background in transport we felt the restoration of a truck would let people follow the journey, enjoy it, but then raffle the truck for a great cause – Motor Neuron Disease."

Bringing Back To Life

Diesel News Australia  /  May 17, 2017

A new initiative from National Transport Insurance (NTI) will see the insurance company bringing back to life a truck to be auctioned to raise funds for and awareness of Motor Neuron Disease (MND).

It has announced a new initiative bringing together members of the transport industry and community to support the MND and Me Foundation in raising much-needed funds for Motor Neurone Disease.

Over the coming months, NTI will restore a 1946 International Model K5 rigid truck, which will be raffled for the MND and Me Foundation to help people living with the disease.

“The restored, operational truck will be a culmination of time, energy, skill and resources generously contributed by NTI’s people, suppliers, partners and industry affiliates”, said NTI CEO Tony Clark. “It’s a truck built for the community, by the community. It will bring people together and tell a story, while serving a much greater purpose.”

The entire journey will be documented and shared online via a series of webisodes, across NTI’s social media platforms. The truck will be on display in its current state at the 2017 Brisbane Truck Show, where visitors can purchase raffle tickets on the day. Tickets will also be available online following the event, until September.

“The MND and Me Foundation is honoured to be involved in this very exciting project,” said Paul Olds, MND and Me Foundation CEO. “NTI’s efforts will generate better awareness of the impact that Motor Neurone Disease has on the community, and raise vital funds to ensure no one faces MND alone.”

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Green Diamond – Final Chapter

Diesel News AU  /  October 2017

It’s all over, we are now at the Green Diamond – Final Chapter stage and the 1946 International K5 has found a new home. Powered by a ‘Green Diamond’ 233 cubic-inch side-valve six-cylinder petrol engine, the truck was originally owned by H & L Hamilton at Miles and is now in the possession of the lucky ticket holder.

On 1 September, the Green Diamond was ready to show its true colours to the eagerly waiting public at King George Square in Brisbane.

All up, $55,020 was raised from raffle ticket sales, with all proceeds going to the MND & Me Foundation.

With Brisbane radio station Triple M’s Greg ‘Marto’ Martin as host, there was only one thing left to do and that was reveal the winner of the amazing Green Diamond. Trevor Fry, a Queenslander, was revealed to be as the person fortunate enough to be driving away in the classic truck.

Two runners-up, Leonie Roberts and Wayne Wust, each walked away with a $2,000 BP fuel voucher.

It was a fitting conclusion to a collective labour of love that spanned more than six months and saw a rusting relic transformed into an object of class and beauty. Congratulations on a job well done to all involved – it truly was a monumental effort.