Big Cam in a R600?

Was the R600 ever offered with a Big Cam in the US? I don't believe it was here in AU. 

I wouldn't think it could fit without the R700/Superliner hood but there is a Youtube clip with a Big Cam powered RD600.

Would the cab have been modified or can you squeeze a Big Cam in by pushing it up as far forward as possible? 

I have never seen a Big Cam under a short Mack hood until I came across the clip. 

I've never seen one either. 

If you really really wanted to do it, I guess you could cut away at the firewall to make room. It would be a ton of work. Be far easier to slide the cab back 12 inches and put an R700 or superliner bonnet on it. 

1 hour ago, Timmyb said:

I've never seen one either. 

If you really really wanted to do it, I guess you could cut away at the firewall to make room. It would be a ton of work. Be far easier to slide the cab back 12 inches and put an R700 or superliner bonnet on it. 

I think you are right - the firewall would have to be cut.

It's not something I particularly want to do - was just surprised when I saw the Youtube clip and it got me thinking. I am about to rebuild a Big Cam to keep as a spare for another truck and was curious whether it could go in the R686 if that engine goes first and I don't have time to rebuild it. I never thought a Cummins 855 would fit without moving the cab back until I came across this video (unless it is an L10 and they are calling it a Big Cam - must have a better look at the video).