throw out bearing question

sprtkr1

Was greasing throw out bearing on my 2008 cxu613. I had the clutch depressed  with a tool specifically for that job to gain access to the throw out bearing grease fitting. I must not have set right this time because the tool slipped and allowed the clutch to release suddenly. When I reset the tool and looked at the bearing, the fitting had moved about 1 inch to the right. Have I broken something? Clutch seems to work as far as moving the release bearing back and forth on the shaft. Still seems to me  like it shouldn't have rotated the housing with the fitting. Thanks for any ideas or info y'all may have on this numb skull move by me!

No I didn't have the gun hooked up at the time. I don't see how it could've moved either. My only experience with transmissions is my 4 wheelers. Didn't know if big trucks had the same set up.  I may have broken something. This truck has the clutch cable. Didn't know if that made a difference. Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the reply fjh. Good to know that. After cleaning off all of the grease, I found that it was impossible for the bearing to have moved in the forks, which is what I originally thought. For some reason I thought  the zerk hung down straight. But it is at the 4 oclock position like you said. Just found out I need a new clutch so will just have everything replaced while it's torn down. Thanks again.