Truck will not shut off.

w3grant

I have a 2011 pinnacle. Truck will start up but the dash does not work no gauges work. When I went to shut it off would not shut off event when I removed key. To shut it down had to stall it out. Thanks in advance!

Lost comms on the J1939 wires  ( always yellow/green twisted wires) between the engine ECM  ( EECU)and the Vehicle ECM (VECU) .   Fist pull the 2 connectors off the engine ECM and check  for antifreeze in the connectors/ EECU.   If OK pull the kick panel in front of the passenger seat and look for rubbed wires  coming out of the VECU and rubbing on the kick panel, is a common problem. However normally if the J 1939 wires go down the engine will die if you shut the key off but it takes about 10 seconds. When the J1939 high speed data line  goes down the low speed J1587 line takes over but every thing works slow. 

Disregard my post. I see now you have a CXU/CHU. Totally different. I must have been drinking that day! Lol. Have you had the fuse box recall done?? Water was getting in the fuse panel down by the clutch pedal and causing lots of issues 

Edited by Mackpro