E7 350 upgrade to 460

BER.coalhauler

On the CCRS engines, I would not go to 460 HP.  With the 460 HP you have to use the wategated turbo and install boost sensor.  If for any reason the boost is not in the correct range (to high or to low) , the  ECM will derate power. We have problems with keeping the boost just right after the truck get some miles on them.  What we do is  download to 427 and put the 427 turbo on but use 460 HP injectors.  Injector part # 736GB420M3X.  After downloading to 427 HP, we go back to Mack and ask for engine data file 1MS5135.  Runs with the 460's then. 

• Like 1

If your pulling 38 be happy thats good boost  for that engine as pro mentioned if the ecu were able to see what the engine was truely making it would have derated at 33! A good running AC engine with VGT is making that kind of boost your right in the Zone!:thumb:

22 hours ago, BER.coalhauler said:

Anymore suggestions about how to gain a few more ponies? Anyone?

If this is in a RD. You might rig up 5" exhaust with a good Walker high flow muffler. I was thinking the RD's had 5" at turbo and necked down to 4" pipe and a  4" in/5" out muffler.  Dont know how much it would help but it couldnt hurt. 

On November 15, 2016 at 3:51 PM, BER.coalhauler said:

I did isolate the boost sensor in a small regulated 30 psi tank, it done unbelievably well😜! According to my boost gauge in the dash this turbo will boost around 38psi in a dead pull 

It is in an RD 688 Mack Pro, and yes u r correct on the exhaust layout. I'll give it a try. Thanks

On 11/15/2016 at 0:22 PM, BER.coalhauler said:

Mack Pro, Is that injector PN a CCRS PN or pre-CCRS? I'd need the CCRS part number. 

Yes , that is a CCRS injector. Original part number for a 460 HP injector is a 736GB410M. The Reman part number is now 736GB420M3X. Here is a chart I put together for the 350HP and up  CCRS engines that shows turbo and injector part numbers

scan0325.pdf