Stop you in your tracks Scania-Thompsons tipper

kscarbel2

Transport Engineer  /  June 27, 2016

ACR Tipping Services’ reckons its new Scania R cab Loadmaster tipper – dubbed Double Dutch – is a stop-you-in-your-tracks truck that resets the bar on quality.

“I’ve always liked the traditional, slightly retro look of many Dutch liveried vehicles,” explains Andy Reed, who owns the Bicester, Oxfordshire firm.

“I wanted to recreate that image on this, my first ever new truck [so] many of the detail parts, such as the mudflaps, extra lights and the Scania logo on the front grille, had to be sourced in Holland.”

In addition to the standard Loadmaster spec, Reed’s first new truck features full-length detachable steel bodyside extensions that sit between the body’s headboard and the tailgate hinge.

These are removable, and provide additional load retention and security, although extra payload volume can also be achieved with lighter cargoes.

Beyond that, though, it’s about the paint job. Reed went for shades of blue and grey combined with white stripe detailing – with the finished job taking no fewer than nine months .

“All in all, it’s been one incredible project, and the result is a tipper that’s truly unique,” insists Reed.

image 4.jpg