Turbo removal on MP8

sprtkr1

I've got a 2008 Pinnacle with the MP8 485HP motor. I'm removing the EGR cooler to have it cleaned. I know I'll have to remove the turbo to get it out. One of the bolts on the back side where the turbo mounts seems almost impossible to get at . I want to separate  the turbo without disturbing the VGT box to get at this bolt. I noticed there is a tamper proof  seal on the band clamp where the intake of the turbo attaches to the exhaust side of the turbo. Easy to remove this seal, BUT if I do take the clamp off  and remove the intake side first to get at that bolt will I be hurting anything? Thanks for any insight on this matter. Mike.

If you follow the electrical out of the vgt control on the turbo it with go to a plug. I unplug those to get the turbo out of the way completely. Ratchet wrenches with flex heads work pretty good for the back bolts. I always pull the outside bolts then the rear front bolt and spin the turbo to help loosen the bolts in the rear rear if that makes sense.