Dropped my driveline

truckermutt

i recently broke a ujoint and had to call a towtruck and was towed to a shop that was unable to remove the yoke so they removed driveline #2 and #3 from the transmission i had to pick up the drivelines and take them to a driveline repair shop where they replaced all the u joints and the carrier berring and after 1750.00 i put the driveline back in the truck myself my question is on a ch613 with a sleeper and 3 drivelines off the transmission does the slip yoke go to the differential or facing the transmission? I installed it facing the rear ends and torqued the bolts to 80 ft pounds..i test drove the loaded truck and got to 60 mph and felt no vibration ...did i do it right??? i shure dont want to drop this driveline again..im new on this forum im a single truck owner operater can you please email me a answer to datrkg@gmail.com ..thanks guys

Maybe I should have read the entire question.

When I was an apprentice I asked a journeyman which way the slip joint faced. He said, "Which way does your d#ck face?", I said forward, he said, "Well, there you go, the d#ck goes forward." I never needed to ask and again.

• Like 2