Correct Carburetor For En330

frd1419

• 1 month later...

My '51 A-30 has the EN330 engine and has a Zenith. Rebuild kits are available at NAPA. As far as a govener, ?????????????? its anyones guess. My truck was a former fire truck and it had a butterfly thingy that is between the carb and manifold and was the govener. If she over-revved it would close off. I took the butterflies and the shaft out of it and closed the hole up with JB Weld. There was nothing attached to it so I don't know how it was hooked up to regulate RPM's

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?

FRD1419,

Check with the Mack museum, they should be able to tell you what carb was on the truck and if it had a governor. The governor works from a centrifugal weight on the flywheel that pushes the governor mechanism up and shuts off the airflow to the carb. If it is a firetruck it most likely had a governor. You might try to get the parts that Greg took off his truck adn install them on your truck.

Firemack

All my truck had was the shaft and butterflies. There was nothing else when I got it. I took that stuff out because it was causing a terrible vacuum leak :angry: . I don't have any of those parts. :( . Ask Harvey Eckart, he is the firetruck guru :D .

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?