DGL takes delivery of 150th Mack truck

kscarbel2

Prime Mover Magazine / July 7, 2015

Queensland-based transport company, DGL Logistics, has taken delivery of its 150th Mack truck.

DGL’s milestone Mack is a Granite model equipped with an all-Mack driveline and sports a custom paint job, along with the gold bulldog on the bonnet.

“We thought we should do something a bit special for this truck,” said DGL’s Managing Director John West (pictured alongside Vice President Mack Trucks Australia, Dean Bestwick).

“We’ve had just about every model Mack has made since the early 2000s, and this truck is certainly a milestone.”

According to DGL, the latest Granite will be operating in Sydney hauling dangerous goods.

“I asked Mack about doing an individual paint job and putting some bling on this truck and they put me in touch with Wayne Dawson from Belair. Between us we came up with the design,” West said. “I told him I wanted a big bulldog on it pulling the DGL logo and left it to him. I love what he came up with and I’m sure the driver will love it too.”

Of the 150 Macks DGL has bought over the years, close to 100 of them are still in service, the company said.

“We turn them over every seven years or so, around the 750,000 km mark,” West added. “The Mack service agreement means they’re fully serviced so I don’t have to touch them at all during that time and then I get a good trade value when I sell them.”

post-16320-0-18857900-1436333451_thumb.j