3-4 code

hatcity

gave the truck a nice bath today. Even sprayed Purple Power on the engine to get in nice and clean.

Washed the rest of the truck

When I started it to move to regular place, I noticed the malfunction lite. So, pressed the button and saw the 3-4 code. Did it again to make sure I got it right.

Came home and looked on the sheet, 3-4 is engine position sensor.

OK, so what does that mean, Replace or maybe let it dry some more. Where is the sensor anyway?

Like the old farmer-"never done that before"

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Engine Position Sensor (source of the 3-4...) is in the front cover, reads off the camshaft gear. Make sure it didn't get loosened when you blew all the crud off. The connector bodies on them are notorious for becoming brittle over time and breaking, so cleaning it out is definitely a good starting point.
The next is checking the shim, which requires measuring the depth to the cam gear with the sensor out. A caliper works ok but I've always stuck to using a depth mic. The sensor could be mechanically damaged as well so a quick visual inspection is a good starting point.

Thanks for all the help.

Just got back and all is well. Dried out overnite.

Did look at everything and all seems well for now.

May look into replacing sensor anyway-connector looks so-so

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian