Can You Build A R Model On A Dm Chassis

Hi all, we have a R400 that has been changed over to a 237 and a 6 speed with Pete air ride and is in really good shape. Matter of fact it was completely restored about 15 years ago and with a lot of projects it never was finished. Originally it was to be a small wrecker, but we were considering putting it together as a large rollback. I also have a 79 DM which also has a 237 and 6 speed with camel back. My question would it be possible to switch the cab and hood and all necessary components from the R400 onto the DM frame? I have lots extra parts in stock and I was wondering if it was possible or not? We have put together some trucks before like the our last project which is a 2003 RD that we morphed into a 306" wb Granite 60 ton wrecker. Any way just wanted some opinions on the subject. Thank you Dave.

Hi all, we have a R400 that has been changed over to a 237 and a 6 speed with Pete air ride and is in really good shape. Matter of fact it was completely restored about 15 years ago and with a lot of projects it never was finished. Originally it was to be a small wrecker, but we were considering putting it together as a large rollback. I also have a 79 DM which also has a 237 and 6 speed with camel back. My question would it be possible to switch the cab and hood and all necessary components from the R400 onto the DM frame? I have lots extra parts in stock and I was wondering if it was possible or not? We have put together some trucks before like the our last project which is a 2003 RD that we morphed into a 306" wb Granite 60 ton wrecker. Any way just wanted some opinions on the subject. Thank you Dave.

Hi Dave, from what i can gather the DM has 2 different chassis, the 800 has straight thru rails, the 600 has a profile like a B except deeper. The R800 uses the same chassis as a DM800, anyway i dont see why you couldnt centre the cab on any of the chassis. You might just need cab mounts, and i dont know if the R400 cab mounts would do, or if they would mate to a DM chassis. Im from Australia, and we dont have many DM's here and less R400's, im sure there would be somebody in the US that would know better. Regards Jeffro.