Junking Good Stuff

fields auto

So I got in touch with a Guy in Reno NV who had recently junked out a b-42 He had cut the cab in quarters and was about to haul the sheet metal into the scrap yard. When I told him I would like to buy the cut up cab pieces he agreed boxed them up and shipped them to me. What I got was parts to a perfect B-model cab unrusted and untouched by time. So I called him back and asked why he decided to cut up a perfect B-model cab he told me that everything in NV is in this type of condition no rust just dents. I live in Maine we have so much rust why we patch and putty on stuff and try to get it to look good where as these guy are cutting up stuff I would kill for! He also went on to say everything is being hauled out for scrap with these high scrap prices he said if I like old trucks I would cry to go to the scrap yard Mack's Pete's KW's everything! So that my beef...

Edited by fields auto

I'm into scrapping,but I won't scrap useable vehicles or parts I know someone will use. The big exception is newer vehicles without titles,(and there's a LOT of 'em!)because it's getting almost impossible to get titles on later stuff,and it's damned hard to get titles for even the older vehicles. For a while a guy could get a title through places like titles.com,but I'm told that,in Reno and Vegas at least, Nevada DMV won't accept titles from certain states that are known to be states "questionable" title businesses get their titles from. I can see this is going to be a problem for me in the future,scrap one save one,scrap one,save two....I've also heard a rumor that in Reno,before a person can scrap a car,he has to buy a "release" from a licensed wrecking yard,or the scrap yard won't accept the car. That sounds pretty strange to me-I can't get myself to believe it. Damn-if Reno is as corrupt and screwed up as I'm hearing,I'm glad I left!! BTW-I hear the price of scrap is down about $60.00 a ton as of a couple of days ago;still a pretty good income if a guy does it right. Can't wait until the new scrap yard opens up here,about the end of August I'm told.

Speed

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

So I got in touch with a Guy in Reno NV who had recently junked out a b-42 He had cut the cab in quarters and was about to haul the sheet metal into the scrap yard. When I told him I would like to buy the cut up cab pieces he agreed boxed them up and shipped them to me. What I got was parts to a perfect B-model cab unrusted and untouched by time. So I called him back and asked why he decided to cut up a perfect B-model cab he told me that everything in NV is in this type of condition no rust just dents. I live in Maine we have so much rust why we patch and putty on stuff and try to get it to look good where as these guy are cutting up stuff I would kill for! He also went on to say everything is being hauled out for scrap with these high scrap prices he said if I like old trucks I would cry to go to the scrap yard Mack's Pete's KW's everything! So that my beef...

I bet that's the same guy who was selling the frame and drivetrain on Craigslist here. I think he only wanted $400.00 for it;I believe it was a Maxidyne,quad box,ten wheeler,still had the steering column and wheel,radiator etc. I posted to ask if the quad would work in my '45 EH,or if I could swap the whole engine/trans. in,and it was a no-go on both counts.

Speed

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>