Lessons Learned....

Had an 80 gallon tank on the passenger side of the truck....22" diameter and if I remember right, 49" long. I took it off to get it converted to hydraulic to run end dumps...then after a week of running on only the left side 80 gallon fuel tank decided I had better get it split 60/20 for the extra 100-120 mile range it would provide on a single fill-up.

Well, long story short the guy the local Mack dealer recommended to do the job for me FINALLY got it finished after nearly 2 months...but screwed it up BIG TIME!!! :angry:

There was some sort of cap (plugging a hole where I guess you could put the fuel pick-up or maybe the fuel gauge sending unit) in the way of where he would have needed to put the baffle......so he decided (without calling me to check) to put the hydraulic in the front and the fuel in the rear! So, if I would have paid him for the tank and tried to use it, I either would have not been able to add fuel or hydraulic oil (the cab would be in the way) by spinning the tank 180 degrees from how it came off the truck (fuel in front), or I could put it back on the same way it came off (fuel in rear), but there would not be clearance between the air tanks and the split tank for the hydraulic hose to come out of the front (where the 1-1/4" bung is located)...not to mention the fuel crossover wouldn't reach without switching the OTHER side to the rear also....and then there would be clearance issues with the driveshaft to the blower from the left side PTO..... :wacko:

He's supposedly going to fix it, but he didn't seem too happy about it...and mentioned that it would be "expensive" for him to go back in and correct HIS mistakes. He was going to charge me $400 for the initial job, and so I'm going to refuse to pay more than that original $400 to get the tank back finished. I highly doubt he's going to let me have it for that, though, so I'm probably going to have to start looking for a replacement tank. :angry:

All he had to do was call me to see what I wanted him to do...or even ask me during one of my several calls to check on the progress of the job over the last 2 months....I guess that was asking too much :rolleyes:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!