Another brainstorm brewing.

I'm feeling the urge to put an e-7 in my 79 cruiseliner. Unlike my e-7 swap into the MH i did early this year, id like to keep the v-mac set up on this time. Anyone do this ? and I wonder where I could find the info on what makes this system tic. I'm sure it can be dumbed waaay down and still work as it should. How 'bout it guys?

I'm not familiar with vmac but other than the inputs to the ecm on the engine only other thing would be a throttle and speed and maybe coolant level. So as long as you have a complete wiring harness the only thing you'd have to add is a tone wheel and pickup to the output of the trans and a electronic throttle pedal. Also change your tach and speedometer over electronic. Easiest way would be find a donor truck that has same trans and rear end gears as your cruiseliner and swap parts

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, Thanks for the reply. I was gone and for some reason my phone will not get me on here to check things out. I have a 97 ch that will donate the parts. Its a complete running truck, just has rusted so bad all over and under that its just a yard rat at the moment. I ran this truck for years and its strong. hate to see it wasted.

• 2 weeks later...