R model battery leads

Hi,

I need to do a bit more research for my scale model 78 Valueliner. I'm not going to get into replicating the entire electrical system but I wanted to at least put in the battery leads but I don't know where they go to or how the batteries on either side link up. Can somebody help? Thank you.

Me again.. LOL

on my RS The passenger side cables run out the back of the battery box, over the bellhousing then over to the starter. the Drivers side cables are much shorter and also meet up at the starter

I have seen Some R models run the passenger side cables under the Engine/Transmission while others they routed over the top. Im not sure what my truck was stock as I removed my old cables and dont recall

• Like 1

Thankyou. You always come to the rescue with my numerous requests!

I'll go for the setup you descibed. I think early valueliners probably had a lot in common with the late model RS700's and over the bell housing sounds like a more direct route than under.

One question leads to another though. Where does the trailer electrical hook up go to? I was planning on putting a socket near the tractor protection valve on the crossmember which holds the cab but where would this run back to?

I've dug out a few pictures of progress so far although I've since put the fuel tanks on. The cab and hood are all done too but I haven't taken any pics of them yet.

I'm on a bit of a deadline now as I entered it in a show in June so I have to get it finished!

Thanks again!

post-10557-0-95190200-1431086879_thumb.j

post-10557-0-04601800-1431087005_thumb.j

post-10557-0-60014500-1431087054_thumb.j

• Like 2

the trailer electrical cable starts on the driver side, out side fire wall at the electrical junction block. It then runs down to the frame where it joins in a bundle of air lines at the driver side frame rail. It runs along the driver side rail and exits at the rear of the cab. this is where its up to you. Most day cabs have the air/electrical lines located in the center of the deck plate just behind the cab near the pogo stick. sometimes it exits up and are mounted behind the cab more behind the drivers seat. I think this location is decided depending on what the truck will be used for and what other stuff was installed on the truck after it left the factory.

Hope this helps.

Truck is looking great by they way!