Engine Needs To Be Shipped Cheap!

56mercuryman

I have a nice 65 B42 that is in the need for an engine, a kind fellow has provided an engine EN401 gas, he will crate it up but it needs to be shipped to Grand Portage Minnesota or can be picked up in Duluth Minnesota.

The engine is in Wyoming. If anyone is travelling through and can assist with delivery of this engine, please contact me with a cost and any further info.

thanks in advance

I have a nice 65 B42 that is in the need for an engine, a kind fellow has provided an engine EN401 gas, he will crate it up but it needs to be shipped to Grand Portage Minnesota or can be picked up in Duluth Minnesota.

The engine is in Wyoming. If anyone is travelling through and can assist with delivery of this engine, please contact me with a cost and any further info.

thanks in advance

It is in Green River Wyoming to be exact.

Don't rule out a common carrier.

Quite often they are as cheap as anyone for a single pallet.

The engine will need to be able to be loaded by the shipper.

Good luck,

Paul Van Scott

You're correct Paul. I've used unishippers many times through the years and never been dissatisfied with the rates, or service.

I use "DeeDee" at Unishippers, (800) 699-1577, ext. 106, or Tammy, (can't remember her extension) but just ask who answers for her. They both know me as "Rob at Auto Affair in Farmington". I think they are commisioned sales persons and their personal service is at the "upper end of the scale" and good enough that I ask people to use them if at all possible. I also try, (as you have) to use the independent trucker first.

As an example: Last evening, my winch pictured earlier was shipped from northern California, weighing in at 1356 pounds, shipped to my door for $498.00. This is at least 2500 miles travel distance so I couldn't justify driving to get it.

If you would like me to handle it for you, send me your contact information in a pm. I know Packer can load that engine and a full dressed 401 Mack is about 850 pounds. If you figure 900 pounds, you'll be covered.

Be sure and tell the girls I said "hello".

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

• 2 weeks later...
You're correct Paul. I've used unishippers many times through the years and never been dissatisfied with the rates, or service.

I use "DeeDee" at Unishippers, (800) 699-1577, ext. 106, or Tammy, (can't remember her extension) but just ask who answers for her. They both know me as "Rob at Auto Affair in Farmington". I think they are commisioned sales persons and their personal service is at the "upper end of the scale" and good enough that I ask people to use them if at all possible. I also try, (as you have) to use the independent trucker first.

As an example: Last evening, my winch pictured earlier was shipped from northern California, weighing in at 1356 pounds, shipped to my door for $498.00. This is at least 2500 miles travel distance so I couldn't justify driving to get it.

If you would like me to handle it for you, send me your contact information in a pm. I know Packer can load that engine and a full dressed 401 Mack is about 850 pounds. If you figure 900 pounds, you'll be covered.

Be sure and tell the girls I said "hello".

Rob

packer got a quote of over 1000 bucks from two shippers, way to much, got to get back to the drawing board, will try your suggestions, any one else have an idea you can email at dbmeverts@tbaytel.net or reply here.

You can try a carrier like a flat trailer company.

The downside is that you will have to wait for a truck that has room,

and is headed in your direction. That combination might not happen

for a long time.

And my own experience with independent carriers is that they are

less than reliable with the smallest, lowest paying part of the load.

I'm actually surprised at quotes for $1,000.00, I think that's pretty

reasonable for a 2,000# pallet to be moved about 1,500 miles at a time

when diesel is up around $5.00/gallon.

I doubt if you can drive a pick-up from Minnesota to western Wyoming

and back for $1,000.00 today.

A common carrier makes a business out of picking up and delivering

individual packages to and from any address. Your engine can be

tracked so it doesn't get lost, and somebody will take responsibility

for damages, if required.

There is always a possibility that, if you don't have a commercial shipper's

account with a carrier like Yellow Freight, Con-Way or UPS, you might use a

friend's account number to get the commercial discount, which is substantial.

That could sweeten the pot.

Unless you know someone who might be coming across Rte.80 going east,

and can pick up your engine - I don't think you can beat the common carrier.

Good Luck.

Paul Van Scott