Question Hours Vs. Miles

How many Miles are = to a hour on trucks, do you just take the hours and times that by 55 (mph) to get an estimate on miles on vocational trucks.

Yes, hours X MPH, But on dump truck around here 35mph is usually the max and I just checked an asphalt hauler and it was 13mph average. I just checked a CXU over the road truck and it was ave. 54 mph and it dosent idle at night due to having a APU generator insalled.

Yes, hours X MPH, But on dump truck around here 35mph is usually the max and I just checked an asphalt hauler and it was 13mph average. I just checked a CXU over the road truck and it was ave. 54 mph and it dosent idle at night due to having a APU generator insalled.

thank you for your help, the current truck I am looking at was a sheetrock dealivery truck with a boom to load and unload, so I wasn't sure how many hours/miles it would have, where are you getting your numbers from?

Do you happen to know about how many hours before a customary overhaul is needed?

thank you for your help, the current truck I am looking at was a sheetrock dealivery truck with a boom to load and unload, so I wasn't sure how many hours/miles it would have, where are you getting your numbers from?

Do you happen to know about how many hours before a customary overhaul is needed?

There is no set average of hours vs miles, I'm just going by what we see around here. As far as overhaul, Mack says if it burns more than a gallon oil per 1000 miles it needs an overhaul, this is what they said in a service bullitin back in 2000. They were not concerned about blow-by at all, just oil consumption.