Hyd Pump Question

repost from the ATHS board

I have this used hyd pump that has (1) outlet and (2) return lines. Currently it was being used as a single line set up for a dump trailer. The 2nd return fitting is capped off. I want to make a 2 line set up for a low boy Can I use this pump for it ? Im not shure how the hyd lines run for a 2 line wetkit.

someone said I need to use 2 return lines?

any help is great

:mack1:

Trent, I think the 3 line systems are for power up and power down systems...where you have 2 different return ports on a cylinder (or 2 cylinders)

Here is the number for Muncie Power...give them a call and ask them to explain it. They are very helpful! 1-800-367-7867 (It is the customer service number from their website...same number we call for tech help!)

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

The pump which is mounted on the side of your gearbox via the PTO should have only 2 ports , 1 for suction and 1 for pressure, the pressure port should go to a control valve, mounted somewhere else. this is where your cab control is connected via 2 airlines, the ports on these vary , but a simple setup would have a pressure outlet port which goes to your trailer connection. one port maybe a relief valve dump line and will go back to your tank, the other will be the pressure in from your pump, the return line from your trailer will go directly to tank and may have the relief dump line connected as well.

hope that helps, Ill send you photos of my dog if its any use

nigel :chili:

ok I took the pump to a local hyd shop and they said I can use the capped off port for a return line from the lowboy trailer.

so...

one line from the Hyd tank to the pump

one line from the pump to the trailer (dump trailer or lowboy)

one line from the trailer to the 2nd return port (lowboy only)

I think all is good and will be ordering some hyd lines after I weld the fitting on the back side of the tank.

next question.... :lol:

I have a pto thats driven off the bottom coutershaft (not the side mount)

I spoke with a member here and he thinks that the counter shaft may need to be replaced with a part that couples the pto to it?

I have removed my cover but have no other countershaft to compair with? anyone know if all the 2 stick 6 speed countershaft ends are all the same? It was a little dark and could not see if it mounts in there so I will try tomorrow?

thanks for all the help

lots to learn still :thumb:

Trent