Help...won't Start

I have a 1993 Mack MS200. When I turn the switch it won't turn over. Last summer it started fine but the batteries went bad and the ignition key broke. I got busy with other things around house and was not able to get those things replaced until now. I have installed new batteries and had a new key made. I had to take the ignition switch out to have a locksmith make a key. He had to take the switch apart. I have that installed and when I turn the switch all the panel lights work like they are supposed to but the starter makes no attempt to turn. Also when I turn the switch on I hear something beeping behind the dash panel. Keep in mind this is my first truck like this so I'm a little unfamiliar. Could this be a low air alarm and would this keep it from starting. Any suggestions as to where to start or what might be causing my problem?

I have a 1993 Mack MS200. When I turn the switch it won't turn over. Last summer it started fine but the batteries went bad and the ignition key broke. I got busy with other things around house and was not able to get those things replaced until now. I have installed new batteries and had a new key made. I had to take the ignition switch out to have a locksmith make a key. He had to take the switch apart. I have that installed and when I turn the switch all the panel lights work like they are supposed to but the starter makes no attempt to turn. Also when I turn the switch on I hear something beeping behind the dash panel. Keep in mind this is my first truck like this so I'm a little unfamiliar. Could this be a low air alarm and would this keep it from starting. Any suggestions as to where to start or what might be causing my problem?

On the Midliner that I owned, you pushed the key into the switch when you turned it. If you did not push on the key, it would not crank the engine.

There is a start relay in the breaker/fuse panel located on the right side of the cab mounted to the firewall, or front end panel. If you can hear the relay click when you turn the ignition switch to the "start" position, the problem is either the starter, solenoid, or associated wiring.

I had very good service from my truck in an automotive rollback car carrier application for seven years. Only real drawback to them is you are very limited in parts availability outside of a Mack dealer.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.