Spotting A 673 Or 711?

220cummins

I am cutting apart a b-61sx and I was wondering what the difference between the 673 and 711 Visually? This motor has the p-style intake manifolds and an oiler cooler. I was told that the 673 did not come with oiler coolers and the 711s did. How can you tell the difference aside from checking the casting number?

I am cutting apart a b-61sx and I was wondering what the difference between the 673 and 711 Visually? This motor has the p-style intake manifolds and an oiler cooler. I was told that the 673 did not come with oiler coolers and the 711s did. How can you tell the difference aside from checking the casting number?

Hopefully all those parts are going to a good home where they can be used to keep other trucks running, and not to a scrapyard.

In answer to your question, look at the machined area on the r.f. of the block just behind the timing case cover and directly in front of the inj. pump.

The engine model # will be stamped there.

Early 673's did not have an oil cooler, but the END673P had one, so just by looking at the pics I would say it's either a 673P or a 711

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

Thanks I wasnt sure where else to check on the block. The frame went this morning to the scrap yard but thats about all. Im going to put the quadraplex in my truck and keep the 673P or 711 for parts for my 237 if i need any because its still a strong runner. If anyone needs engine parts lemme know.