Can't do parked regen

steeler

Hey guys, I'm working on a us10 mp7. I have a blinking regen switch with no malfunction light, but the truck will not initiate a regen with the switch.

I did a service regen but it was taking forever and I was only getting 700 degrees exhaust temp.

I ended up replacing the 7th injector, that got me up to 900 degrees. Still not hot enough although it will complete a regen now, still have the blinking switch.

Any ideas?

Hello!

I'm not sure, but I'd say you have to put some load on the engine, otherwise you have no chance to get the exhaust temperature high enough. Once I had a similar situation (OK, with a Skoda!), and I had to go out on a highway and while my buddy was driving I was connected to the car with a service computer and had to tip in a "secret code" for the burning to start. From then on it worked fine.

Good luck and have a nice day

Paweł

I also run an EPA10 MP7. I've only had to do three parked regents, and all three I remember thinking that the egt was not high enough.....but the last one occurred at 80,000km (ish) and I haven't had to do one since, now at 142,000km......must have been ok

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....