Shipping To Uk - Help Or Advice Needed

paulbrook

Hi all

Can anyone out there help with shipping a derilict Mack AC dumper from Bloomingburg, NY to a suitable seaport and then on to the United Kingdom? If so, I would greatly appreciate it! It is on wheels, but will need some tender loving care to move it.

I am a (very) new member and am looking forward to using this forum, I will post an introduction and some phots of my current vehicles soon. To those who might have an issue with a truck like an AC goung out of the States I apologise - sort of. It is the second chain-drive I have owned, the first being a FN - rare enough in the US, let alone UK, which is where it came in 1941 and where it stayed till I came across it. I made a big mistake many years ago by selling it, and have regretted it ever since. So when the AC came up, well, I thought that I deserved it! Besides, it can keep my British built Dodge fire truck (still being restored) and the Allis Chalmers U that my grandfather bough new and imported in 1938 company. So no hard feelings folks?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all

Can anyone out there help with shipping a derilict Mack AC dumper from Bloomingburg, NY to a suitable seaport and then on to the United Kingdom? If so, I would greatly appreciate it! It is on wheels, but will need some tender loving care to move it.

I am a (very) new member and am looking forward to using this forum, I will post an introduction and some phots of my current vehicles soon. To those who might have an issue with a truck like an AC goung out of the States I apologise - sort of. It is the second chain-drive I have owned, the first being a FN - rare enough in the US, let alone UK, which is where it came in 1941 and where it stayed till I came across it. I made a big mistake many years ago by selling it, and have regretted it ever since. So when the AC came up, well, I thought that I deserved it! Besides, it can keep my British built Dodge fire truck (still being restored) and the Allis Chalmers U that my grandfather bough new and imported in 1938 company. So no hard feelings folks?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Paul

sorry,I can't help you with that,but certainly no hard feelings. We don't seem to have many friends anymore except the British,Australians,and Canadians...and I ain't too sure about them Canadians! :D (just kidding!) We're all truck lovers here,all like brothers-we may disagree but we get along

:rolleyes:

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Paul,

I would think that you might want to contact a freight expeditor.

Someone who handles the paperwork, containerization, customs and

shipping for a fixed fee.

In the late 80's, I was involved in some international importation and exporting of aircraft,

both assembled & flying, and disassembled in containers. We found that a knowledgeable

expert is worth his weight in gold. Shop around for exactly what you expect.

Another idea might be to contact some of the larger used truck & parts dealers

in New York to see if they might help. Most of the used heavy trucks and a lot

of used parts are being exported from the US by these dealers.

However, for my money, my first choice would still be the expeditor/forwarder.

Just be very sure that you are clear as to your expectations, and very clear as to

how you want the vehicle handled. A lot of damage can occur quickly by some

careless handler along the way.

Good Luck.

Paul Van Scott

Thanks for the vote of confidence and the sound advice. A while has passed since the original post and I have started to make a little progress, and I agree with the sentiments expressed over handling the truck, it is in a fairly sorry state to begin with and I don't want it to be worse at the end of the trip than it already is.

I will post some pictures as soon as I can and keep folks up to date. In the meantime wish me luck with shipping!

Thanks for the vote of confidence and the sound advice. A while has passed since the original post and I have started to make a little progress, and I agree with the sentiments expressed over handling the truck, it is in a fairly sorry state to begin with and I don't want it to be worse at the end of the trip than it already is.

I will post some pictures as soon as I can and keep folks up to date. In the meantime wish me luck with shipping!

Hi Paul

You might look at Specialized Transport Group in Bedford UK, website is www.stg.ltd.uk. Contact Andy Park.

They can (and do) move anything to anywhere worldwide.

Good Luck

Sotrekker