Synchrovance

Wolfie

I have just purchased a 1961 B67. I was wondering if anyone has any info on a "Synchrovance Injection Control" system? I would like to know how it works. It is on a END673 with american Bosch fuel system. Has anyone had any problems with them? The truck i just bought will surge when engine is raised off idle and also smokes exessive "gray" fuel smoke.

Thank you

I have just purchased a 1961 B67. I was wondering if anyone has any info on a "Synchrovance Injection Control" system? I would like to know how it works. It is on a END673 with american Bosch fuel system. Has anyone had any problems with them? The truck i just bought will surge when engine is raised off idle and also smokes exessive "gray" fuel smoke.

Thank you

I have been around them and worked with them alot. The unit is used to advance the timing with weights and as the speed is increased the advance comes up. The best i remember the total advance was 13 degress. Only non turbo engine need them. I do not think it would be possible to get a surce from it. When we would turbo a engine we would aways take them off. Your surge will be in the governor and if you need a pump for that engine i have a good pump that came off of a running engine. The pins in the weights will wear but i have never seen a scurge but will see a lose of power and that would be noticed by some one runnig it ever day with a load and then he may notice it if it went bad. You can inspect them thru a big plug on the side of the drive housing with out pulling pump. Sruge is from governor control due to a weight problem or sticking rack but not a timing chance.

glenn akers