Need Info On 90's Model Macks Pls.

I am in the market for a good used daycab to be used in NE-FL for the purpose of log hauling. I am familiar with Cummins and Detroits however I am ignorant to Mack engines. I am looking in the 90's model range. Specs that I am looking for with the non-Macks is 375-435hp, 3.70-3.90 gears, 9-10-13spd. Please excuse all the questonsbut, the only dumb question is the one you didn't ask. :D

When did Mack begin using computer VS mechanical engines?

How are Macks on milage?

How do they compare in re: to longevity/maintenance?

How are they re: HP/Torqe ??350???400???427???

Can they be turned up?

Theres a multitude of E6-7 350hp's (93-99) but I do not want to be under powered. What do you think of this motor?

Good and Bad experiences with Macks...Basically any infomation/opions on the 90's Macks will be helpful. I have recently seen a 93' with a 400hp. Is this a good unit.Thank You

I am in the market for a good used daycab to be used in NE-FL for the purpose of log hauling. I am familiar with Cummins and Detroits however I am ignorant to Mack engines. I am looking in the 90's model range. Specs that I am looking for with the non-Macks is 375-435hp, 3.70-3.90 gears, 9-10-13spd. Please excuse all the questonsbut, the only dumb question is the one you didn't ask. :D

When did Mack begin using computer VS mechanical engines?

How are Macks on milage?

How do they compare in re: to longevity/maintenance?

How are they re: HP/Torqe ??350???400???427???

Can they be turned up?

Theres a multitude of E6-7 350hp's (93-99) but I do not want to be under powered. What do you think of this motor?

Good and Bad experiences with Macks...Basically any infomation/opions on the 90's Macks will be helpful. I have recently seen a 93' with a 400hp. Is this a good unit.Thank You

April '07 I bought my used Mack...$24,000 for a '97 CH613 with an E7-427 (1560 tq), 18sp, 3:86 Mack rearends on air-ride, 187wb. I have 608k miles on it. So far I've had to put a(n): air compressor, radiator, coolant recovery tank...all due to the air compressor being bad. On the trans. I had to replace the 3 rubber o-rings on the splitter cylinder inside the trans. (the hi/low on the split was stuck in high). $12 o-rings and a real pain in the a$$ to get to.

I use this truck 99% of the time on a dump trailer on either construction work or on the farm. It is set up ideally for what I do. Rides nice, handles well on and off-road. The rather long travel with the air-ride cab soaks up the bumps nicely. Easy to see out of. Can't complain on the power although you'll never hang with a big block Cummins or Cat. No replacement for displacement! Oh yea...I average 5.5-6 mpg. If its a mostly highway trip I make all day, I can stretch 7 out of it with no problem.

There are a couple 400-ish hp N-14 powered trucks that I know of that I can push around all day though.

With anything used, how it was maintained previously and how YOU maintain it is key. The truck I bought didn't live the easiest of lives, I'm sad to say. If you can get the seller to come up with maintenence records for work done, parts changed etc I'd try to do so.

My biggest gripe with the Mack motor is all the damn filters! 6 of them! The truck I drove previously had 3 and they were simple to get to. But I digress, it uses no oil nor makes any funny noises and no leaks elsewhere.

Anything else...feel free.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg