Adding gauges?

Since I have to buy a new instrument cluster I was going to add some gauges like rear axle temp gauges and trans temp gauges along with other gauges normally found in trucks. The question I have is...are the wires already there and if so, can the computer recognize them and make them functional on the dash end? 01 CX613. Thank you.

The wiring is there, drivers side frame rail behind the transmission. There are 2 two wire connectors, might be labeled front and rear axle temp. You will have to run the wiring from there to the axle temp sensors. On the gauge cluster, stamped on the back side, should be labeled front axle temp and rear axle temp, just need to plug in correct gauges. The dealer will have to call Mack to have them add axle temp feature to the the main frame spec for your truck. Then the vecu will have to be programmed to enable that feature.

If the wires are not labeled with tags let me know and I'll look up the wire numbers.

Same thing with the trans temp, connector is on top of the transmission, cluster should have label for temp gauge location. I think it, like the other gauges, has to be enabled and then vecu programmed.

Not to highjack this thread but is this true for older vehicles (specifically 1992 MH)?

I'm not real sure but I think the wiring harness should have connectors for axle temp sender and trans temp sender. If it was an option then the wiring should be there. Those temp sensors were not monitored by v-Mac 1 so programming would not be necessary.

• Like 1

I'm not real sure but I think the wiring harness should have connectors for axle temp sender and trans temp sender. If it was an option then the wiring should be there. Those temp sensors were not monitored by v-Mac 1 so programming would not be necessary.

Thanks for the reply. I will do some investigation and determine if the connectors are on the main harness. I would venture to guess they will be along the frame rail.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"