correct boost pressure for e9 500

24vman

i tried to find in the past forums but couldn't find anything. i am looking for the correct boost pressure for a stock e9 500hp. truck has just had valve job on one head. plus i found alot of leaks in the charge air so we changed that, also had the injectors rebuilt. it currently runs between 24-27psi. is the truck running at full 500hp?note all leaks in the intake are fixed. also the turbo is smooth and tight.

24-27 sounds right, my 450 with bigger injectors and cranked up pump does about the same.

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Nope not this one, not yet anyway Im still waiting for Staxx to fix the dyno, the '84 I had made 560rwhp with an E9 440hp that had 10%over pump and the euro 540hp turbo, Ray (MHE9) had his RW on the dyno at Antrim with some of their injectors and turbo, don't know what their pump settings are but I think he said it was around 700-800rwhp, I cant remember. Antrim told me to look for around 800rwhp when I get the turbo on here to match the injectors and pump, Ill probably bump the timing up a couple degrees too. The Mack book shows the intake pressure at rated speed so 1900rpm to be 13-21 for an E9 500, of course 1900rpm is long after it peaks its boost (mine drops back off a little after about 1800) , Id say your right in there for a stock engine making 24-27.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

No, I've seen 185 on the water and 1000 on the pyro with this one, the 84 never got over 950 on the pyro.