Gvwr And Axle Specs By Vin

m5040

Are there any sites to look up your truck's specs by the VIN? I am looking at two trucks, S/N U686ST1004 and R690T 9T6546, I would like some info on what they can carry, trans, engines, axle ratios if any is possible.

Just off the top of my head I can tell you that a U686 would have an ENDT676 285 HP Maxidyne and a TRL 107 5 speed, and most of the ones I've seen had Mack 34,000 lb rears on camelback.

R690 would have an E7 Maxidyne engine, usually a 300 HP.

In one of your other posts you stated you were looking at a 1967 R model. Did you mean R609? If it's an R609 it would have had an END 711 thermodyne originally.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

The owner says it is a R690T vin 9T6546, but he may have reversed the number, it is a early R (1967), his helper describes the trans as single countershaft, 10 speed 2 stick. It is a much nicer looking truck then the U model. In your opinion, is the drive line in the U686 superior enough to make that the better truck ? All things being similar (30 years of who knows). It sounds like the 10speed has a creeper, which is nice off road.