spontaineos shut down

Hi I have a 99 mack rd688 with e7 two diff. drivers complain that it just shuts off while driving some times it will fire back up befor u get it off the road some times it takes about a 5 min. is this common or a direction I should be looking one guy switched fuel relay and it started back up and in 20-25 mile it shut down again. it may act up 3-5 times a day and go weeks between episodes. will the computer store any a code the may help. any info. would be great.

Do any lights come on before it dies? if not it can be something battery related or even a ground. Does the Tach or speedo reset when it does it? I had several issues with the steering column wire harness, if the driver tilts wheel alot it will allow the harness plug to work loose, and it will be the one that plugs into the key switch.

if i am thinking rite, on the right side of the motor in front of the fuel pump you will see a square looking little box with a rounded front on it about the size of a D battery. it should have a short wiring pigtail on it. This should be pump solenoid. although i hadnt had very many fail.. but did replace a couple back in the day when we had 100+ of the same model.. if i am remembering rite it senses oil pressure and then tells ECM it is ok to start... if you pull the plug and check to confirm you have juice feeding back to your ECM after cranking on it and you have oil pressure.. after you check that let me know and we will see what you can check next.