Fuel Tank Strap

• 4 weeks later...
for a quick fix weld a long bolt to it, cut the head of the bolt off and it will hold just fine. The straps are pricy from mack. I am making 4 straps for the b model for just about the same cost of 1 from a dealer.

The RW straps, assuming the examples I just looked up on a couple of 1985 RW models with 96gal and 112gal tanks, actually have two possible straps that can fit according to my cross reference. Fitment-wise, I am showing an 8MB330AM4 to be the most likely original equipment with an 8MB357M2 to be a possible replacement based on an internal reference. Some trucks, however, used an 8MB330AM3 instead.

Take these part numbers to your local :mack1: dealer and have him price them out. It is likely that they would have both in stock as they are both current production parts allowing you to check for any differences. Your dealer can also run your VIN to determine which is correct. Based on my limited research, you should be able to get straps with no problems whatsoever.

FYI - Normally the same strap is used for both sides, if this helps as well.

Good luck with it!

Edited by Polarhound

The RW straps, assuming the examples I just looked up on a couple of 1985 RW models with 96gal and 112gal tanks, actually have two possible straps that can fit according to my cross reference. Fitment-wise, I am showing an 8MB330AM4 to be the most likely original equipment with an 8MB357M2 to be a possible replacement based on an internal reference. Some trucks, however, used an 8MB330AM3 instead.

Take these part numbers to your local :mack1: dealer and have him price them out. It is likely that they would have both in stock as they are both current production parts allowing you to check for any differences. Your dealer can also run your VIN to determine which is correct. Based on my limited research, you should be able to get straps with no problems whatsoever.

FYI - Normally the same strap is used for both sides, if this helps as well.

Good luck with it!

Thanks. They are pricey so I just made one.

Justin LaMountain

Consulting Forester

and Horselogger

Green Man Forestry