Mack GU713 vs GU813 what is the difference

Yes I'm Looking to Buy a 2008 Mack both trucks are nice one GU713 and the other GU813! Was wondering the difference this is my first upgrade from my rd and Cl Modles! Also is anyone formilur with the term ON BOARD SCALES, GUARD DOG, and Air Ride NEWAY? Many thanks i figure if i can get any real info it will be hear with my fellow Mack Owners!

The guard dog is a neat feature. It does a whole pile of self checks when the key is first turned. Oil and coolant level, air or fuel filter restrictions. It seems to be a central "idiot" light. Just make sure you let it do its thing before start up, or it will harass you. I once started my gu813 on a slope, and it would not leave me alone, thinking that the oil level was low.....I knew it wasn't, but I ended up shutting down after about 10km and restarting on flat ground so it would retest. Also, after a timed shut down, when I restart, it tells me once to check fuel filter restrictions......

The "co-pilot" feature is nice, if equipped. Keeps logs on time, distance, fuel consumption, etc. I personally like the various heads up gauges. I've been switching between throttle position and engine load, to help my milage. So far I've gone from 44l/100km to 40l/100km..... :)

A few guys around here use on board scales. They are generally load cells mounted either on the body (dump box, roll off frame),.or in the case of some of the new Ontario SPIF (safe,productive, infrastructure friendly) vehicles, they are in the suspension to automatically deploy self steering lift axles. The farmer I used to work for just bought a 2013 gu813, and the lift is completely automatic. The computer figures out how much weight is where, then drops and pressurises the lift. It will only lift when reverse is selected, or the pto is engaged (can't pick up a bin with a self steering down), or you dump the load.

We have a 2013 gu813 on order, and it will likely have this system. When we get it, ill dig into it a bit more

NEWAY is a vendor air ride suspension. We don't have any air ride, so I can't help you there, but someone can, I'm sure.

Oh yeah, what motor/tranny/drives are in these?

Sorry for the long post, and some one please correct me if I got something wrong :)

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

Just really depends on what your looking for, as stated above its a set forward (713) or (set back 813) front axle, the other stuff is just something else to play with when your bored, if you are looking for bridge weight and ride I would go with the set forward, if your looking for maneuverability id go with the set back. I like the looks of the 713 a lot better than the 813, Im a set forward kinda guy the 713 would be your R model like version and the 813 would be your CL equivalent.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

The guard dog is a neat feature. It does a whole pile of self checks when the key is first turned. Oil and coolant level, air or fuel filter restrictions. It seems to be a central "idiot" light. Just make sure you let it do its thing before start up, or it will harass you. I once started my gu813 on a slope, and it would not leave me alone, thinking that the oil level was low.....I knew it wasn't, but I ended up shutting down after about 10km and restarting on flat ground so it would retest. Also, after a timed shut down, when I restart, it tells me once to check fuel filter restrictions......

The "co-pilot" feature is nice, if equipped. Keeps logs on time, distance, fuel consumption, etc. I personally like the various heads up gauges. I've been switching between throttle position and engine load, to help my milage. So far I've gone from 44l/100km to 40l/100km..... :)

A few guys around here use on board scales. They are generally load cells mounted either on the body (dump box, roll off frame),.or in the case of some of the new Ontario SPIF (safe,productive, infrastructure friendly) vehicles, they are in the suspension to automatically deploy self steering lift axles. The farmer I used to work for just bought a 2013 gu813, and the lift is completely automatic. The computer figures out how much weight is where, then drops and pressurises the lift. It will only lift when reverse is selected, or the pto is engaged (can't pick up a bin with a self steering down), or you dump the load.

We have a 2013 gu813 on order, and it will likely have this system. When we get it, ill dig into it a bit more

NEWAY is a vendor air ride suspension. We don't have any air ride, so I can't help you there, but someone can, I'm sure.

Oh yeah, what motor/tranny/drives are in these?

Sorry for the long post, and some one please correct me if I got something wrong :)

Gu 813 Engine: MP8 Mack 425 HP Transmission:Allison Automatic Ratio 4.64 Ft20K RA46K

: Gu 713 MP8 485E Transmission:

8LL Ratio: Ft20K RA46K Suspension Beam