Moley Magnetics

GreenGiant2

Has anyone ever dealt with Moley Magnetics in Lockport New York. I am looking into a hyd. operated mag. for my excavator and have quotes from this company. The product is made in Italy and looks good and price is fair..... looking for feed back.

gg2

post-3449-0-65660600-1369351967.jpg

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

I'll try to see what we have on our boom trucks in the next few days. I know its all pto driven by a hydraulic motor, the ones we have tend to get awful warm but its mostly because they're not used properly. The magnets we have are a fairly low duty cycle, they're supposed to get the magnet over a pile of spikes or plates or a piece of rail, turn it on lift it to the truck and turn it off. I see them turn it on and sweep the ground as far as they can reach with it a lot and they end up frying wires or burning out the magnet.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

thanks, this one is all hyd. operated. this runs off the aux. circuit on the excavator. everything is mounted in the magnet. all you do is hook up 2 hyd. lines and go. looking at a 32 to 36 " mag.

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.