Can't get it up

408lq9

I have a 98 mack ch613. The air pressure builds sometime, and other times you can raise the motor and nothing happens. I installed a governor yesterday and it build pressure. Once I hit the brakes several times, the pressure would not raise again. If I take the small line off the compressor that hooks to the governor, it builds the air pressure. Could someone please help ASAP. Trucks been down since yesterday and it missed another day of work............also, the governor mounts to the frame on this unit.

Check the unloaded valves in the top of the air compressor head, they stick and get dirty they are located under that small odd shaped plate with 5 bolts, remove the plate and they will pop up if they are working right, bendix sells a unloader kit with new gasket and valves. Just tell the parts guy the model of the compressor, Mack sells them if you work off the vin number, higher price than a bendix outlet.

Check the unloaded valves in the top of the air compressor head, they stick and get dirty they are located under that small odd shaped plate with 5 bolts, remove the plate and they will pop up if they are working right, bendix sells a unloader kit with new gasket and valves. Just tell the parts guy the model of the compressor, Mack sells them if you work off the vin number, higher price than a bendix outlet.

can they be cleaned with some type of solvent just to make sure before spending the money troubleshooting?

A lot of people end up buying compressors when a $40 unloader kit and a $20 governor is normally all that's needed.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"