V8 B615 0r B755

b61fred

Hi,

I have the chance to get a v8 from a b model truck, I was wondering if anyone here has any pictures of a b615 with the engine installed? I have the radiator and head lamps panels from a b 75 to complete the large radiator, I would have to fabricate the hood from scratch though. I was wondering about the fitment in the chassis, any thoughts???

Fred

15 gears...no waiting!

Fred,

I have a B615 with original engine but not set up to email pics. B615 is B61 with cab raised about 1" ( fire wall has a different shape) , fender panel verticle extensions ( fender sets in original position but remember cab is raised), service panels are not as wide as B61 (because big radiator makes the head light panels not as wide as B61). Is there any way you can test drive this V8 before you buy? If it is a 864, a test drive is in order if much money has to change hands.

Did you get your B79 home?

Over & out from Ignorant Ridge

Tom

Fred,

I forgot one major difference!!! That happens as you get older.

B61 uses steering box with steering column rigidly attached.

B615 uses a Sheppard power steering box with a u-joint at the input shaft. The u-joint is right at the floor board. The steering column attaches to the u-joint. Remember B615 cab sits higher - this causes steering wheel to be much closer to windshield because the steer box has to lay low to clear the engine. A 22" steering wheel is about 1 1/4" from windshield. All these changes because the left bank of the V-8 is tight against the fire wall.

To pull the left rear head, the last push rod has to come up with the head until the head can be turned enough for the push rod to clear the fire wall.

A V-8 in a B755 doesn't have all the mess because there a bunch of clearance between engine and fire wall.

Thats the end of all the good news from Ignorant Ridge!

Tom

ps I have finished the 2007 B Model Registery but have not sent it to website yet. If you are still having problems with website, send me your email address and I'll try sending you a copy.

gannaway@voyager.net

Fred,

I forgot one major difference!!! That happens as you get older.

B61 uses steering box with steering column rigidly attached.

B615 uses a Sheppard power steering box with a u-joint at the input shaft. The u-joint is right at the floor board. The steering column attaches to the u-joint. Remember B615 cab sits higher - this causes steering wheel to be much closer to windshield because the steer box has to lay low to clear the engine. A 22" steering wheel is about 1 1/4" from windshield. All these changes because the left bank of the V-8 is tight against the fire wall.

To pull the left rear head, the last push rod has to come up with the head until the head can be turned enough for the push rod to clear the fire wall.

A V-8 in a B755 doesn't have all the mess because there a bunch of clearance between engine and fire wall.

Thats the end of all the good news from Ignorant Ridge!

Tom

ps I have finished the 2007 B Model Registery but have not sent it to website yet. If you are still having problems with website, send me your email address and I'll try sending you a copy.

gannaway@voyager.net