Any Mack Dealer Techs? Job Question

Chadro

I'm thinking about taking a job at the local Mack dealer as a tech. I've only ever worked for fleets before so dealers are a brand new animal to me so I have a couple questions.

-What are the most common things your seeing trucks in for, you seeing a lot of the same jobs or are you getting a lot of variety?

-Are most trucks in for basic PM crap or do you see a lot of driveability, electrical, etc. issues?

Here is the thing, With fleet work you are constantly doing PM's. I'm getting sick to death of doing tires and brakes on a daily basis, I know it comes with the territory but it still gets old. So if most dealers are a sea of PM's, tires and brakes then I don't know if I should bother.

I know it is a tough question(s) to answer but I appreciate any info,

Thanks

Most emissions and electrical issues a lot of same problems some days , remember that mack is big in vocational trucks that means a lot of garbage and dump truck and they are never clean. Do you like to chase electrical issues in the dash of a mr garbage truck were the rats have crewed threw the wire harness and you have no problems working around maggots then you are ready for the dealership come on we are waiting for you.

When working under garbage trucks, do not have your mouth open.

You may see quite the variety of problems at a dealer.

Depends on work type, driver, routine maint., driver, age of truck,.....

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian