Louisiana Macks (especially R models)

My dad use to be in the sand/gravel and redi mix business so as you can imagine I grew up around Mack trucks. If you have any cool stories or pics by all means share them.

FYI: I'm currently driving an '87 R686st with an OX body.

Of course not. I looked for them the next day when we left with the Crane. I need a separate Cam. By the time I undock my phone and get it ready I miss them. Plus you know the roads there suck Had taken 190 from LaFayette over to the Huey P. Long bridge job. Picked a crane up there. Damn bridge is still narrow

Yep, that bridge was scary in a pickup. I can imagine what it'd be like in a pickup. I was an operator a few years ago for a company that built Cajun Contractors' Marine yard on the Intercoastal Canal right across the river from you in Port Allen. It sure does get hot down there in y'all's neck of the woods. Lol It was a fun job though.

Jake

The one in BR has the train track running beside the passenger bridge. It connects BR to Port Allen. I can honestly say that Paccar has this part of the country sewed up!

unfortunately, I think that's the case just about everywhere... Have you ever seen the purple and gold KW T800 triaxle that's all decked out in LSU and says geaux truck geaux! on it? I'm not a non Mack fan, but I got a kick out of that one!

Jake

unfortunately, I think that's the case just about everywhere... Have you ever seen the purple and gold KW T800 triaxle that's all decked out in LSU and says geaux truck geaux! on it? I'm not a non Mack fan, but I got a kick out of that one!

I haven't seen that one. I'd have to break out the Roll Tide logo I had on the wagon. Oh YEah ROLL TIDE!!

Wasn't it originally just a railroad bridge and the added the traffic lanes kind of like shelves hanging off the sides? I can't remember if I'm thinking about the one in NOLA or B.R.

It may have started out Rail only but looking at it from underneath it was scary how they hung the travel lanes on it. Now they are independant from the rail.

• Like 1

JakeBrake I don't guess I've seen that truck. My dad's had a few of them all: Peterbilt, Kenworth, International, Freightliner, Mack, Crane Carrier Corporation and Autocar. Slpwlker I'd be fearing for my life in this neck of the woods if I had anything with ROLL TIDE on it. LOL

• Like 1

JakeBrake I don't guess I've seen that truck. My dad's had a few of them all: Peterbilt, Kenworth, International, Freightliner, Mack, Crane Carrier Corporation and Autocar. Slpwlker I'd be fearing for my life in this neck of the woods if I had anything with ROLL TIDE on it. LOL

Yeah it keeps it interesting for sure

It was running around Baton Rouge about 4 or 5 years ago. It hauled rock to our job in Port Allen. I haven't been down that way since we finished up.

Jake