2010 Mack gru garbage truck

CENREP

Hi, my name is Greg from Florida. I own and operate a small repair shop and have a customer with the listed topic truck. The problem is the regen and regen warning light with alarm are on. Regen has been run. I have tech tool software for mack. Regen was run using the tech tool. No codes are present for the regen system. The only active code is for coolant level. Am addressing this issue, but it should not effect regen. Has anyone had a similar problem? Thanks for any help.

I think the low coolant active code could stop it from regening. Some mid 128 codes do effect the regen. Are you sure it completed the regen? What was the soot level before and after the regen? Im going to guess and say the truck didnt complete the regen. Repair the low coolant code, clear codes and try another service regen.

Edited by Challenger

I just realized its a 2010, is it 2007 emissions or 2010? If its 2010 emissions the codes should be read using Guided Diagnostics only. Vcads doesnt read 2010 emissions correctly and can send you on the wrong path. 2007 emissions can be read with either Vcads or GD.

Glad someone knows where I am slpwalker, and yes Zolfo Springs is part of Wauchula or Hardee county. Thanks for the answers challenger. I;m still learnging the program. The soot level start was 68%, after regen it was 0%. I know the regen worked as I could watch the temps on the lap top as the process worked. As to the emissions year, not sure but will check. The tech tool version I have is 2 months old and is updated. I do recall working through guided diagnostic but with the same results. I have taken care of the coolant level code as of today, but will wait to see if it comes back. Will post again if it does. :Thanks for the help and good to talk with other folks here.

If everything is ok and the lights are still on I would try reprogramming Mids, 233, 128, 140, and 144. I dont know if your Tech Tool programs or not but this is what I would do.

Mid 233 should be programmed before mid 128 on the 2010 emissions.

2007 emissions has DPF

2010 emissions has DPF SCR and the DEF tank with the blue fill cap.

These are the quick visible differences.

To hatcity, no roosters is long gone. Was a great place to eat. Think its a mexican place now. Not sure if my tech tools will reprogram, maybe a dealer thing, my understanding from the dealer rep I work with is that has to be done through volvo since its a volvo engine, even at the dealer, but not positive. This truck uses no def fluid. It works without it. Still learning about the regen systems. Being a small independent shop, have to learn the hard way. Have all dealer software for most engine makes and took a while to find it. Mack was the only one to actually sell me the software out right. If problem persist I will check on the reprogram. Challenger, you sound as if you might work at a dealer or well versed shop. Just curious. Either way thanks for the info.