b model sheppard power steering

kbm6131957

Hello all you b model lovers. I have a complete Sheppard steering system for a B61 Mack. This consists of a brand new (not reman) box and pitman arm. This was purchased new direct from Sheppard 2003 and may be the last one ever sold for a B model. At that time I was told Sheppard had no more parts in stock and they had no plans to machine any more. I also have the 12volt generator with a rear mounted pump. A brand new adapter to bolt the box to the frame, this was machined from a Mack blue print. Also have the original style reserve tank. I would like to sell as a set and am looking for the best place to advertise. Have been away from truck shows etc since 2008. Steering system is located in west coast florida. I am thinking ebay not a good choice because of the weight. Sheppard steering boxes are probably the hardest part of the truck to find after nos sheet metal so i do know its worth a good bit of money. Any suggestions ??

this is probbaly the best place to advertise. Shephard boxes are better suited for tandem axle trucks tho. had one in my single axle and took it out. lots of oversteer, kinda like driving an old Ford truck with a worn out box. i got parts and manuals for mine within the last few years but im sure your right and there is no call and they wont be producing parts. the rear mounted generator is not as sought after as the rear mounted air compressor pump tho as it doesnt let you upgrade to an alternator. some trucks had either or. id start out about 1500

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg