e7 eteck 2001 smoke out of blow by

stanisicb

can somebody help me out i got CL713, 2001 with e7 460hp, the truck runs beatifull, only one thing i am concered about is when she worms up i got withe smoke coming out of blow by, all the level are good coolant and oil.

when i put palm over the tube, there is no presure. is this oke or should i be concered.

I couldn't believe this one.... I had one of my 2000 CH"s with a 427 ETECH. it was running fairly smooth, would pull ok for an ETECH. As the engine warmed up more and more I would get loads of white smoke out of the crank breather at the front timing gear cover. I had done head gaskets to the truck 5000 miles before that (Only because a rear head rearmost frost plug rotted through!!!) and thought something failed.(nothing worse then doing your own warranty work)

Started thinking maybe turbo charging the crank through the oil drain tube or other things.....tested cooling system turned out ok..... Turned out to be an injector failure dumping to much fuel into one of the cylinders. Pulled all six delivery lines and injectors, replaced and roadtested.... problem solved!

• Like 1