e7-427 will not rev more 1200 rpm

rgilmore

What year 427? If it won't go over 1200 and the idle surges sounds like you need to try to use the cruise buttons to run it over 1200, if it idles at a consistent speed with the cruise buttons and goes over 1200 sounds like a throttle pedal or harness issue. If it does the same thing or won't work with the cruise switches sounds like timing sensor/ engine position sensor, really depends on year and type of engine control.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

12/1996 if unplug timing sensor on the side of pump will not acell, at all. it does set code, rpm displayed on scanner if unpluged it sets code accel pedal reads from o to 100 when pressed. when pressing on pedal engine speed encrease to around 1200 then set falling off but hunting really bad if you let off throttle idles normal. set cruise will only encrease to 800 but runs smoothly.

ok so Bosch electronic pump truck, that idles smooth cruise switches run smooth and it will run up to 1200 smooth but if you hold it will start to fall off and surge, sounds like fuel issue to me, Staxx knows more about those pumps than me but seems like the pump might not be advancing or there is a fuel restriction.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

BRO!

some of the stuff your doing heres scaring me A bit ! Don't be putting 12 v to stuff with out knowing what its about!!

do you have any other symtoms here blu smoke black smoke ??? If the timing advance has stuck or inop the engine will stumble and limit the rpm somewhat and smudge blu fuely smoke.

Your first description of this I immediatly thought throtle pedal issue If you start the truck with the throtle unpluged it will default to 1200 ! pull the panel on the right hand kick and check the Vehicle ECU plug for water damage!I have seen the windsheild leak and cause this exsact symtom happen with fubared pins in the vecu.Your truck May have VMAC 2 a one peice ecu /vecu but check into this anyway.