What size speakers?

Okay so i need to replace my headunit and speakers. I thought this would be a great time to update the size of the speakers? First off my truck is a 95 RD 688S. It looks like the speakers might be 5 1/4. Has anyone done 6.5 inch? I did this on my last R model but this setup looks different where i have the black mack visor over the speaker grill and a bigger speaker might not fit. Has anyone done this? I will post a pic too of what it looks like.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

IMHO just put in the stock size but with good brand speaker. It will blow your ears out sitting that close. If you want more bass just put a sub under the passenger seat. As far as a good head unit. If you like your iPod or other device get a unit with aux ports or blue tooth. Best thing I ever did with a radio...

never thought about putting a sub under the passenger seat. Have you done this or seen it done? how does it sound? what size? 8 inches? I know in a trunk setup of a car it sounds good but never heard of doing that in a semi truck. im very curious now

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

I have seen subs in a truck behind the seats but we don't have the room for that. I have pioneer speakers that do just fine but I listen to classic rock and music with little bass. Never been a big fan of big sub vibrations.....hey wait weren't you just trying to get the truck vibration free? Now you want a subwoofer?...wtf? LOL

As far as the head unit goes, I'm a big fan of the heavy duty anti-skip panasonic cd players with weatherband that the Mack dealer sells down here. Mine is model # CQ 5101U and has an aux port. Just be sure and get a harness with it. Mine didn't come with one.. It was designed to plug up to a vision or granite harness, which is a little different from an RD. I was able to order one from Mack though.

Jake