Background Picture

other dog

Anybody know anything about computers ? My picture I had as my background won't stay on-it disappears every time I turn it off,or restart,and I just have a black screen except for the usual icons. It didn't use to do this.And now none of my pictures will appear as a background picture at all,but if I go to A website and get A picture it will,but still disappears if I turn the pc off and restart it later. Stupid computers.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Hmmm odd problem. What version of windows do you have or are you on a Mac?

I would try this if you have windows XP:

-First find a picture online that you want as your background.

-Right click the picture and click "save picture as"

-Save it under "My Documents" (you can click the my documents button on the left of the save picture window, maybe even make a seperate folder for your background)

-Ok go to your desktop and right click it and click properties.

-Once in the display properties click the desktop tab at the top.

-You should see a dialog box full of pre installed backgrounds, backgrounds you have previously set, as well as backgrounds that are set by your web browser. to the right is a button marked browse. Click that.

-Click the my documents button and then double click on the image you saved.

-Now click ok at the bottom of the display settings window and your background should come up and stay up.

If that doesent work then you have a problem that I cant put my finger on.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Hmmm odd problem. What version of windows do you have or are you on a Mac?

I would try this if you have windows XP:

-First find a picture online that you want as your background.

-Right click the picture and click "save picture as"

-Save it under "My Documents" (you can click the my documents button on the left of the save picture window, maybe even make a seperate folder for your background)

-Ok go to your desktop and right click it and click properties.

-Once in the display properties click the desktop tab at the top.

-You should see a dialog box full of pre installed backgrounds, backgrounds you have previously set, as well as backgrounds that are set by your web browser. to the right is a button marked browse. Click that.

-Click the my documents button and then double click on the image you saved.

-Now click ok at the bottom of the display settings window and your background should come up and stay up.

If that doesent work then you have a problem that I cant put my finger on.

Thanks y'all,i have no viruses detected,so i'll print this so i can follow step-by-step and see what happens. I have windows vista home premium.

Thanks y'all,i have no viruses detected,so i'll print this so i can follow step-by-step and see what happens. I have windows vista home premium.

Vista - UGH

I have had the unpleasent experience of fighting to get it working right on a friends computer.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Vista - UGH

I have had the unpleasent experience of fighting to get it working right on a friends computer.

That's the same thing the Diesel Gypsy says about vista! Anyway, I had no luck-it's still the same. Still won't work with my pictures I have saved,but I can use a picture from my gallery on BMT-whether it stays or not I don't know yet.